- Consult the on-line calendar for availability and information.
- Download the Regulations and Conditions of Hire of the Village Hall document which you need to read and consider as part of the hall hire.
- Contact Karen Saunders on 07368 148884 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also use the form on the ‘Contact Us’ tab on this website.
- Once availability has been confirmed, discuss your preferred method of payment with Karen and either post or email your completed booking form to the address/email shown on the form.
- A current certificate of public liability insurance cover is required for a booking by a commercial organisation.
- Deposits and booking fees can be paid by cheque or by bank transfer. Cheques should be made payable to Benenden Village Hall. The balance of the booking fee is due three weeks before the date of the event if paid by cheque, or two weeks before if paid by bank transfer.
- A £300 damage deposit is required for all large events or events serving/supplying alcohol. This must be paid by a separate cheque and it shall be destroyed/sent back to the hirer after the event, providing there are no additional cleaning costs or repairs.
Please Note – the period booked must allow adequate time for preparation and clearing up. If hirers do not leave the hall by the agreed time, an additional charge will be made.
The Village Hall holds a Tunbridge Wells Borough Council Premises Licence for the following licensed activities between the hours of 09:00 and 23:00.
- Indoor Sporting Events
- Live Music
- Recorded Music
- Performances of Dance; and
- Sale and Supply of Alcohol *
* An additional fee of £25 will be added to the booking fee for the use of the Village Hall’s Premises Licence for the sale and supply of alcohol. Alternatively, you can apply for a Temporary Event Notice and make payment online by visiting Sevenoaks Alcohol and Entertainment. This notice must be submitted no less than 10 working days before the event. Further guidance can be found at Temporary Event Notice Guidance Notes.
The Village Hall holds a PRS/PPL Licence for playing and performing music.
ROOMS AND EQUIPMENT
18 metres x 9 metres
Maximum of 200 people for dancing
Seating for 140 people
The main hall contains an outstanding stage which is equipped with a full sound system and lighting rig.
The kitchen is equipped with a large gas cooker and hob, warming oven, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, tea and coffee making facilities, crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils. There are serving hatches to both the main and small hall.
Equipment for Functions:
Free of Charge:
– Table and chairs
– Induction Hearing Loop (allows people who use hearing aids to pick up sound directly from a microphone or PA via the “T” setting on their hearing aid)
Additional Charges and Prior Notice (enquire for further details):
– Projector and Screen
– Sound System
– Stage Lighting
– Table Cloths
Benenden Village Trust strive to provide an excellent provision and service to all hirers, and we value your feedback. After your hire is complete, please complete this Feedback Form and return to the address given. Thank you.